Welcome to my world!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blogspot. It is my sincerest desire that you find something that will inspire you, encourage you, challenge you or make you smile.

Thanks again for dropping in!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Enemy Thought

THE ENEMY THOUGHT!
 
The enemy knocked me down,
The enemy thought he had me bound.
The enemy thought I was out.

The enemy thought I was his prisoner sure,
The enemy thought I could not endure.

Endure the pain, the torment, the shame,
The enemy thought,
without a doubt that chains of sorrow
Would hold me down.

But the enemy could not see
what was within me!
The enemy saw the tears I shed,
The enemy saw the pain and woe.
But what the enemy did not know,
Was greater was the Holy Ghost in me,
Than he could ever do to me!

Though weak and worn,
And emotionally torn,
I lifted my hands up high,
I said, “In Jesus name!
I refuse to stay down
I refuse to be bound
I refuse to let the enemy win!”

I felt the surge of victory anew!
I felt God’s glory on me!
I felt the power of His might!
In the midst of all this I began to shout
A shout of victory!

God gave me the power,
That very hour over the enemy!


Rick. J. Musick
Feb. 27, 2010

 

No comments:

Post a Comment