Welcome to my world!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blogspot. It is my sincerest desire that you find something that will inspire you, encourage you, challenge you or make you smile.

Thanks again for dropping in!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How Do I Get to Broad-Way Street?

How Do I Get to Broad-Way Street?
 
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: On the ‘road of life’ that leads to eternity,
I stopped and asked a sleazy fellow,
“How do I get to broad-way Street?”

He said with a smirk, as he spat, then grinned,
“Hold on one minute, as I drink from my Gin.”

From a brown paper sack, he unscrewed the lid,
Tilted his head, and took a big swig.

Wiping his chin, he said with a grin,
“Just go down easy-street- turn left and then,

You will see a crowd, their all going that way.”
There is doctors, dentist and door keepers,

Welders, widows, and window washers too.
Machinist, mechanics, musicians and men of renown

Young and old, the quiet, the bold.
From all walks of life we walked down easy street-

Then we turned left.”

Rick J. Musick
2011











No comments:

Post a Comment