Welcome to my world!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blogspot. It is my sincerest desire that you find something that will inspire you, encourage you, challenge you or make you smile.

Thanks again for dropping in!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Walking Down A One-way Street

Walking Down A One-Way Street

 

I had a dream one night
I found myself walking down very crowded a one-way street,

I wondered why everyone was staring at me?
Some had ugly faces,

Some of the ladies lost all graces.
Why is everyone angry at me?

All these crazy people making unkind gestures,
What am I doing to cause their spirits to fester?

All I am doing is walking down a one-way street!
I guess I am hindering the raging flow

Of this mass of people running to and fro.
In my anxiousness I want to scream,

“You’re like dead fish floating down stream,!”
Forgive me sir for bumping into you,

But it is not me that’s going the wrong way!
Look at the sign and see what it says.

He looked up and read it, “Dead End Street!”
He shrugged and pushed me away,

“leave me alone, I have bills to pay!”
I looked up towards heaven and prayed anxiously,

“Lord help, what do I do?
The Lord seemed to speak to my heart,

“You do your best son, I have set you apart”
“Look around, you’re not alone!”

I looked behind me and here they came,
I looked ahead and I saw the same!

Their eyes set like flint, faces aglow,
Willing to go against the status quo.

So when you feel you’re in this race all alone,
Remember their are many more Christians that are unbeknown.

Rick Joe Musick
6-18-2011

,

No comments:

Post a Comment