Welcome to my world!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blogspot. It is my sincerest desire that you find something that will inspire you, encourage you, challenge you or make you smile.

Thanks again for dropping in!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We Stood the Test


We Stood the Test!


The furnace was heated seven times hotter than ever before!
Me and my friends stood and stared into a face that had a sinister grin.

“You will either bow or burn,
A lesson you’ll learn for disobeying my command!

I glanced to my left, and then to my right.
Knowing what the others would do!

We all three joined hands, we lifted our heads,
Then I said,

“We made up our minds,
And maybe we’ll burn?

But be sure of this
We are Hebrews and we will not turn!”

In the fire we went, bound hand and foot,
The coals were glowing and hot!

For a moment I thought, perhaps we are dead?
For no pain could I feel upon me!

Shadrach and Abednego were starring at me.
Smiling through the ash and the smoke!

We began to dance and shout and worship the Lord,
Then I felt another hand on me!

I turned about and without a doubt,
The Lord was standing beside me!

We came out of the fire without the smell of smoke,
We stood the test and God did the rest!



Rick J. Musick 2-26-11

No comments:

Post a Comment