Welcome to my world!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blogspot. It is my sincerest desire that you find something that will inspire you, encourage you, challenge you or make you smile.

Thanks again for dropping in!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Black Granite Wall


 

 

The Black Granite Wall

I stand in solemn awe,
staring at names
Etched into this polished black
Granite wall.

Too many names
can not read them all,
Nor can I contain myself
Tears begin to fall.

These men and women
Who left husband, wife, children alone
To give their lives in a combat zone.

I stand in solemn awe,
My reflection’s on this black granite wall.
A free man’s staring back at me.
Because fifty-eight thousand two-hundred and seventy-two names
Immortalized on this black granite wall



Rick J. Musick
6-28-11

No comments:

Post a Comment